Saturday, February 14, 2009

Ode to Valentine's Day

As I was pondering this Valetine's day while on my computer this morning, I came across the picture before you. I'll have you know... I wasn't the only pervert who took this shot. But I shall leave him/her in anonymity.

I started to reflect on what our expectations of this day are. What is it that people want from this day? - gushy hallmark cards, Godiva chocolates, trip to the spa, romantic dinner with our significant other. And if this day didn't meet our expectations, would we feel resentful, unloved and unappreciated. I'm not sure what the answer is. But I'd like everyone on this Valentine's day, to try and put aside their human brain and its large neocortex. And take in the simplistic message of our reptilian friends, and " be grateful if you are getting any at all. "

- Love and Kindness

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers